Top newsmaker stocks to watch include Idea Cellular, Escorts Ltd, Adani Ports, JSW Stee, more.
INDIAN STOCKS TO WATCH
India likely to keep policy rate on hold, sound hawkish
How postmen, and their wives, may help set India's monetary policy
Idea's third-quarter profit doubles as Indian mobile market recovers
Adani Ports gets interim relief over Mundra SEZ
India imposes 5 pct export duty on iron ore pellets: Finance ministry
Vodafone not to bid in 7 circles, Reliance Communications in 8 areas
India's Escorts Ltd says Oct-Dec net up 61.9 pct
JSW Steel says to raise prices by 1-2 pct
Cadila Healthcare says to exit from its business in Japan
Welspun India Oct-Dec net up nearly 43 pct
Ford to unveil new compact car concept at Indian auto show
Opto Circuits says does not have information on proposed Goldman Sachs deal
EVENTS/FACTORS TO WATCH
* RBI rate decision at 11 am.
* RBI chief Raghuram Rajan to brief media at 12:15 pm.
* Earnings on Tuesday: Sesa Sterlite, Maruti Suzuki Ltd, JSW Steel, Jindal Steel And Power
GLOBAL MARKETS ROUNDUP
* NSE Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange down 0.46 percent, while the MSCI-Asia Pacific excluding Japan index falls 0.22 percent.
* Asian shares were pinned near five-month lows on Tuesday as turmoil in emerging markets and concerns about an economic slowdown in China took their toll.
* US stocks extended recent losses on Monday, with the S&P 500 falling for a third straight session as concern grew about the Federal Reserve's plans for withdrawing stimulus.