- Bharti Airtel, Sesa Sterlite, Ranbaxy Laboratories, more: 10 Indian stocks to watchNow, EU and UK regulators evaluating FDA findings on Ranbaxy's Toansa facilityIn global first, Hero unveils diesel scooter concept, lines up 4 launches starting AprilHero MotoCorp diesel vehicle unveiled and world's FIRST, SMALLEST such engine
10 newsmaker stocks to watch include Ranbaxy, Hero MotoCorp and Tata Motors.
INDIAN STOCKS TO WATCH
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) ups foreign investors' sub-limit in govt bonds to $10 bn from $5 bn
State Bank of India (SBI) raises $1.2 bn in share sale-sources
No longer in eye of storm, caution still abounds over India
Draft PAC report calls for 'criminal investigation' into Delhi airport modernisation project
Ranbaxy Laboratories' Toansa plant under Indian regulator's watch too
Hero MotoCorp unveils concept diesel motorcycle
Tata Motors close to winning 10 bn rupees defence contract
India's Usha Martin Oct-Dec net down 49.26 pct
India's Crompton Greaves reports Oct-Dec net profit
India Infoline raises $117 mn fund, says Oct-Dec consol net down 8.3 pct
India's Titan Company Oct-Dec net down 18.8 pct
India's mobile user base rises 0.7 pct in Nov to 881 mn
Sebi may make succession plan a must in listed companies
AstraZeneca to shut Bangalore R&D site; to impact 170 jobs
EVENTS/FACTORS TO WATCH
* Earnings on Thursday: Hero MotoCorp and Bank of India
* RBI Deputy Governor K.C. Chakrabarty at banking event; at banking conclave
GLOBAL MARKETS ROUNDUP
* NSE Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange slump 1.45 percent, while the MSCI-Asia Pacific excluding Japan index drops 0.95 percent.
* Asian shares took a spill on Thursday as strains in emerging markets returned with a vengeance and the Federal Reserve further scaled back its stimulus - sending investors scurrying to safety in bonds and yen.
* US stocks dropped more than 1 percent on Wednesday, hitting session lows after the Federal Reserve stuck with its plan to scale back stimulus even in the midst of emerging market turmoil.