Top newsmaker stocks to watch on Friday include Sun Pharma, Vodafone India, Bharti Airtel, ONGC.
Vodafone India, Bharti Airtel spend big to win airwaves in $10 bn Indian auction
India's Oil & Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) Q3 profit beats estimates on writeback, forex gains
India's BJP pulls further ahead: opinion poll
World Bank probes Tata tea project over worker abuse in India
India's market regulator approves new corporate governance code
India's Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries raises growth outlook after Q3 profit beats forecast
India cbank chief says lower minimum support prices will help curb inflation
India's United Spirits Oct-Dec net down 19.40 pct
India's central bank pressures banks to trade bond futures
Iran asks India for $1.5 bln in oil payments under nuclear deal-sources
India's Hindalco Oct-Dec net down 23 pct
Infosys plans to hire 200 MBAs from top business schools abroad
Bharti Airtel offers 4G services on mobiles in Bangalore
Norms for fuel efficiency to put automakers under pressure
Indian Oil, BPCL, HPCL to be compensated for direct benefit transfer advances
EVENTS/FACTORS TO WATCH
* India will release wholesale prices-based inflation data at around 0630 GMT.
* Earnings on Friday: State Bank of India
* India's central bank will conduct a 28-day variable term repo for 200 billion rupees ($3.22 billion)
* Weekly foreign reserves data.
GLOBAL MARKETS ROUNDUP
* NSE Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange are up 0.6 percent, while the MSCI-Asia Pacific excluding Japan index gains 0.8 percent.
* Asian shares edged higher in early trading on Friday, shrugging off downbeat U.S. economic data that pressured the dollar, which probed nearly three-week low against the euro.
* US stocks closed higher on Thursday, with the Nasdaq rising for a sixth straight day, as investors looked past disappointing data on consumer spending, chalking the weakness up to weather instead of weaker fundamentals.