- 'Singham Returns' worldwide box office collections: Starts well, fades fastAjay Devgn's 'Singham Returns': 10 lessonsAjay Devgn's 'Singham Returns' box office collections fade, Salman Khan's 'Kick' stays strongSurprise: Ajay Devgn's 'Singham Returns' box office collections match Salman Khan's 'Kick, hit Rs 100 cr
1. Both films were surrounded with controversies. Some shows of Singham had to be cancelled from theaters in Karnataka when certain groups protested with regards to usage of derogatory statements against the Kannadigas. On the other hand, Singham Returns had to face protests soon after the promo was out when a Hindu organization urged Censor Board to ban the film on grounds of depiction of Hindu saints in a bad light. Resultantly, a few words had to be re-dubbed in the final cut.
2. The leading lady (Kajal Aggarwal) didn't have any contribution to make in Singham. The treatment meted out to the heroine (Kareena Kapoor) in Singham Returns is just the same as well. Oh yes, both had a song apiece too!
3. There is always another cop to give Ajay a reason good enough to fight it out with the rest of the world. Singham began with the suicide of Sudhanshu Pandey. On the other hand, Singham Returns had the killing of Ganesh Yadav establishing the core plotline.
4. None of the songs other than the title track worked in Singham. It is pretty much the same in Singham Returns as well! However, the background score with the thump of Singham combined with Sanskrit chants led to an adrenalin rush in the first part. It is all the more prominent in Singham Returns as well, and in the process results in all the more high impact narrative.
5. Ajay gets angry in Singham? 'Aata Majhi Satakli'. Ajay gets angry in Singham Returns? 'Aata Majhi Satakli'. You can't change the core of a movie, can you?