Amazon Kindle Cloud Reader, a free Kindle reading app that enables customers to read Kindle books instantly using only their web browser, is now available to Indian consumers.
Kindle Cloud Reader enables a user to read books online or offline, with no download or installation required. As with all Kindle apps, Kindle Cloud Reader automatically synchronises a user's Kindle library, as well as last page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights for all of Kindle books.
Amazon announced that Kindle Cloud Reader is available for customers in India starting today on all common desktop browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer) as well as on Safari for iPad at www.amazon.in/kindleapps
“Kindle Cloud Reader is another big step in our 'Buy Once, Read Everywhere' mission,” said Amit Agarwal, VP and country Manager, Amazon India, adding, “With this app, you can truly start reading instantly—no download or installation. We think customers in India are going to love this new Kindle app.”
Features of Kindle Cloud Reader include"
* Start reading over 2 million of Kindle books instantly within your browser
* Your current book is automatically made available for offline use, and you can choose to save a book for reading offline at any time
* Automatic feature and software updates
* Customize the page layout to your desired font size, text color, background color, and more
* View, add, and edit notes, highlights, and bookmarks that you’ve made on other Kindle apps or on Kindle
* Sync your last page read across your Kindle and free Kindle apps so you can always pick up where you left off
- Search inside the book to find a topic, character, or section you want to revisit