*Shares in India's Bank of Baroda fall as much as 8 percent after the bank's October-December earnings disappointed investors.
* The bank said in a statement its December-quarter net profit fell to 10.12 billion rupees compared with 12.90 billion rupees a year earlier, while non-performing loans increased to 1.12 percent versus 0.51 percent a year earlier.
* "The market was expecting better numbers," said Vaibhav Agrawal, a banking analyst at Angel Broking.
* "Possibly, with the new management coming in, there has been higher NPA recognition than what would have earlier been expected."
* In January, the central government appointed S. S. Mundra as chairman and managing director of the bank.
* Bank of Baroda shares were down 7.1 percent at 0718 GMT.