Canadian firm BlackBerry has some what down played a recent media report, which said that the 'US administration is testing LG and Samsung phones and may drop BlackBerry devices from official usage.' The company today has released an official statement against the published media report.
"We value the long-term relationship we’ve had with the White House and have been securing their mobile communications for more than a decade. The U.S. government requires the highest levels of security. We were the first mobility platform to receive the 'Authority to Operate' certification from the Department of Defense,” BlackBerry said in a statement.
Further, “Governments test new technologies frequently, but nevertheless the U.S. government continues to choose BlackBerry for its unmatched security and cost effectiveness. Other vendors such as Samsung and LG still have a long way to go to catch up to meet the government’s stringent requirements and certifications,” the statement added.
In a way, company's statement does confirms indirectly that the US administration like any other government may have tested devices from LG and Samsung Electronics. However, it has pointed that the White House has contested these reports on record.
Quoting a source, Wall Street Journal last week had reported that the White House internal technology team and its Communications Agency, a military unit in charge of President Barack Obama's communications are testing LG and Samsung smartphones.
The report published dated March 20 cited that the Canadian firm may lose US government as its client. However, BlackBerry has reiterated that it provides security of highest levels and has approvals from top governments and organizations including the US, UK and NATO.
“BlackBerry’s operating system has already received the highest security approvals from the United States, United Kingdom and NATO, and our latest operating system, BlackBerry 10, is already certified for high-security users in various NATO countries," BlackBerry concluded in the statement.