investors and get them inflation-protected returns in the long run.
* RBI will launch retail inflation-index bonds in mid December. Investors can buy these from banks
* These bonds will offer households a shield against negative returns on their savings
* The 10-year bonds will have a face value of R5,000
* Investment in the bonds has been capped at R5 lakh per applicant per year
* Interest on these securities would be based on the CPI with a three-month lag
* Quoting PAN is mandatory if the investment amount is more than R50,000 per year