- NSE Nifty, BSE Sensex shares gain, SBI, Sun Pharma up: UpdateSensex falls for 5th day, NTPC, Coal India shares down over 2%, Nifty positive at closeSensex sheds 65 pts, Nifty 22 on weak Asia - stocks to watch: Godrej Industries, JSW SteelBSE Sensex recovers 51 points, Nifty up by 14 pts, stocks to watch: Cadila, Hindalco
The BSE Sensex shares flat at 0.14 percent, while the 50-share NSE Nifty falls 0.02 percent.
* Cement companies fall after October-December earnings fail to impress market participants. ACC Ltd falls 2.12 percent and Ambuja Cement Ltd is down 4.8 percent.
* Mahindra and Mahindra (M&M) shares fall 1.2 percent ahead of December quarter earnings.
* However, Infosys Ltd rises 0.4 percent and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is up 2.9 percent after Cognizant earnings.
* The results confirm that revenues of Indian software services exporters continue to outperform Cognizant's, making the U.S.-listed IT company still not too much of a competitive threat.