* The BSE index is up 0.06 percent while the 50-share
NSE index is higher 0.08 percent, with weak Asian stocks
weighing on investor sentiment.
* Broader losses in indexes were capped by gains in
underperforming defensives shares such as Hindustan Unilever and pharma companies such as Cipla Ltd.
* Hindustan Unilever gains 1.4 percent after falling 10.4
percent this year as on Monday's close, while Cipla rises 2
percent after falling 8.32 percent this year.
* Bharti Airtel Ltd falls 2.4 percent while Idea Cellular Ltd is down 1.4 percent.
* Mobile operators fall after wireless broadband airwave holders
were allowed to provide voice services by paying additional fee,
a move that is seen benefiting 4G licence holder Reliance
Industries Ltd, but leading to more competition in the
Stocks More on Hindustan Unilever
Company INFO More on Hindustan Unilever