CEO: Kidnappers threatened Foley's life last week

Aug 21 2014, 06:27 IST
Comments 0
SummaryBalboni says the company spent millions on efforts to bring Foley home including hiring an international security firm.

The chief executive officer of a Boston-based media company says James Foley's kidnappers last week threatened to kill him in response to US bombings in Iraq.

Foley was freelancing for GlobalPost when he disappeared in Syria. GlobalPost CEO Philip Balboni told reporters yesterday that the threatening email sent to Foley's family was "full of rage" but made no demands. He says the kidnappers ignored pleas for mercy.

Balboni says the company spent millions on efforts to bring Foley home including hiring an international security firm.

The 40-year-old journalist from New Hampshire was beheaded by Islamic State militants. A video recording of the slaying was released Tuesday.

Foley was abducted in northern Syria in November 2012 and had not been heard from since.

Ads by Google
Reader´s Comments
| Post a Comment
Please Wait while comments are loading...