Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) has undertaken a project to create job opportunities to 300,000 families in Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura, officials said.
The project titled North East Rural Livelihood Project (NERLP), would be carried out in five years starting from this year and would be financed by the World Bank, Secretary of North Eastern Council (NEC), Ameising Luikham said while addressing a function Thursday.
NERLP is conceptualised to involve a total financial projection of Rs 683.20 crore during the entire 12th Five Year plan period.
The project would be implemented in 9 blocks of Aizawl and Lunglei districts of Mizoram, 11 blocks of Peren and Tuensang districts of Nagaland, 14 blocks in Sikkim and 24 blocks in Tripura.
The World Bank would provide 90 per cent as grant and the rest 10 per cent would be soft loan, World Bank representative Adarsh Kumar said.
"We are ready to provide all technical support necessary for successful implementation of the project," he added.