Today, as Superstar Rajinikanth turns 63, we share a few facts about the actor that we’re sure you never knew.
1) Before getting his big break in the film industry, Rajinikanth worked as a bus conductor for the Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation in Bangalore.
2) Rajinikanth has acted in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Hindi, Bengali and even English films. However, he\'s never appeared in a Marathi film, despite it being his mother tongue.
3) Rajinikanth’s favourite actor is Kamal Haasan. The duo have acted together in quite a few films.
4) Rajinikanth had a passion for acting right from his school days. He used to play the role of the villain in a number of school plays, but Ravana was his favourite.
5) After every film, Rajinikanth takes a break from Chennai and usually visits the Himalayas.
6) The same room is allotted for him in the hotels he visits including Rishikesh where he stays during his Himalayan trips.
7) It is believed that when Rajinikanth was young he used to pester his brother to tell stories and activities related to his mother Jakkubai.
8) Rajinikanth’s regular schedule includes waking up at 5 every morning; meditating and an hour long walk in the evening for physical fitness.
9) Rajinikanth prefers to stay at his farmhouse and rarely stays at his house in Boyes Garden.
10) In his Boyes garden house, Rajinikanth has reserved a special place as advised by vaastu experts for pooja and meditation. He usually spends time meditating and praying in this room.