The newsmaker stocks to watch on Monday include IDFC, Gail and Deepak Fertilisers.
INDIAN STOCKS TO WATCH
* Top economist Bhagwati eyes role in Modi government in India
* Centre moves to plug the royalty outflow surge
* GAIL outlines $7.8 bn fleet-hire strategy to import LNG from US
* IDFC Ltd March-qtr net profit halves
* India's Siemens Ltd March-quarter net profit more than doubles
* Vijay Mallya, Poddar may team up to counter Deepak Fertilisers
* Reserve Bank of India policy committee advised keeping rates unchanged in April
* E.I.D.-Parry Ltd. acquires 100 pct stake in Alimtec S.A., Chile
* India official says withdrawal of gold import curbs will be calibrated
* FinMin official sees current account gap below $35 bln in FY14
GLOBAL MARKETS ROUNDUP
* Nifty futures traded on the Singapore Exchange are down 0.15 percent, while the MSCI-Asia Pacific excluding Japan index up 0.03 percent.
* Asian shares began the week under a cloud on Monday, after a dismal week on Wall Street and against the backdrop of increasing tension in Ukraine.
* U.S. stocks dropped on Friday, pulled lower by a selloff in consumer discretionary stocks as bellwether names Amazon.com and Ford Motor fell in the wake of their quarterly earnings.
KEY EVENTS/FACTORS TO WATCH
* Earnings on Monday: Hindustan Unilever, Idea Cellular Ltd\