The newsmaker stocks to watch on Wednesday include Glaxosmithkline, GMR, Muthoot Finance, L&T Finance and YES Bank.
INDIAN STOCKS TO WATCH
* Iron ore mining likely to restart in January in Goa
* L&T Finance Holdings in talks to buy YES Bank
* RBI restricts repayment of local rupee loans via ECBs from Indian bank subsidiaries
* Vietnam proposes to restrict imports of Indian drugs
* Suzuki has to double equity in Gujarat arm
* Malaysian co 1MDB & JSW Energy lead race for Lanco's Udupi power plant; deal valued at $1.1-billion
* Technip to sell 51 pct stake in its Indian arm SEMAC to rival HAL Offshore for Rs 1.67 bln
* Philippines signs airport pact with GMR despite legal issues
* Glaxosmithkline Consumer Healthcare says GSK's jv with Novartis to exclude co
* Muthoot Finance to launch up to $65 mln share sale on April 25
* Nifty futures traded on the Singapore Exchange are down 0.05 percent, while the MSCI-Asia Pacific excluding Japan index is up 0.01 percent.
* Asian shares crept higher on Wednesday following merger-driven gains in Europe and on Wall Street, though investors were wary in case coming figures on Chinese manufacturing again disappointed.
* U.S. stocks rose on Tuesday as a host of solid earnings reports, along with strength in the healthcare sector, helped lift the S&P 500 and Nasdaq to their sixth straight advance.
KEY EVENTS/FACTORS TO WATCH
Cairn India, Yes Bank and UltraTech Cement earnings