- BSE Sensex touches new life high above 22,500; IDFC, ICICI Bank surgeBSE Sensex, NSE Nifty rise for 6th day as foreign funds pour inAfter Election Commission's nod, Raghuram Rajan's RBI clears new bank licences for IDFC, Bandhan FinancialNSE Nifty scales fresh highs, goes up by 32 points
The newsmaker stocks to watch on Thursday include Larsen & Toubro, IDFC, Reliance Communications and Suzlon.
INDIAN STOCKS TO WATCH
* The RBI grants two new bank licences to IDFC Ltd and Bandhan in cautious experiment
* Larsen & Toubro may write off slow-moving orders worth 150 bln rupees
* India cbank clarifies spreading mark-to-market losses lapsed on March 31
* India cbank says banks do not need to cut HTM holdings for now
* If Narendra Modi wins election, neighbours can expect a more muscular India
* Reliance Jio, Reliance Communications Ltd finalise third infra deal
* Tata SIA airline joint venture cleared by aviation ministry -
* Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd (MCX) shareholders suggest a bonus issue to cut Financial
* Ashok Leyland gets contract worth $50 million
* NW18 HSN Holdings Plc files for IPO of up to $75 mln
* Suzlon Energy Ltd takes over US client Edison Mission Energy's wind farm to recover $208 million dues
* Nifty futures traded at Singapore Exchange up 0.07 percent while MSCI-Asia Pacific excluding Japan index gains 0.15 percent.
* Asian shares nudged higher to four-month highs in early trade on Thursday as upbeat U.S. data underpinned risk appetite, leaving the safe-haven yen languishing at 10-week lows.
* The S&P 500 closed at another record high on Wednesday as signs of steady private-sector hiring suggested that the economy was slowly building momentum after a winter-related pullback.
KEY EVENTS/FACTORS TO WATCH:
* India-Services PMI for March
* Indian Supreme Court to resume hearing of an appeal seeking release of the Sahara Group chief Subrata Roy