Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday sought to dispel the perception of policy paralysis when he addressed a press conference, broadly speaking on three areas - politics, economy and foreign affairs - outlining what has been achieved and what remains to be done.
Addressing the media, Manmohan Singh said he will hand over the top job to a new leader after general elections due by May.
* We will reflect on the results of assembly elections and learn appropriate lessons: PM
* No individual or authority can substitute the due process of democratic governance: PM.
* Global growth cycle turning for the better: Prime Minister.
* All emerging economies including India faced slowdown in the past couple of years: PM
* We are set for better times, says PM highlighting growth rate in past 9 years is the highest.
* Number of people below poverty line has come down: PM.
* Inspite of unprecedented Parliamentary hold-up, we have passed several important laws: PM
* Concerned over not generating employment in manufacturing sector; need efforts to support medium and small enterprises: PM.
* Not successful in controlling inflation, need to increase supplies to keep food prices under control:PM
* Worry about inflation is legitimate but income for most people have increased faster than inflation: PM
* Any wrong doing in government decisions will be punished through due process of law: PM
* I will hand over the charge to a new Prime Minister after the elections in a few months: PM
* We have not been successful in controlling persistent inflation primarily because food inflation has increased: PM
* We will continue to implement our policies to revive growth, promote enterprise, generate employment and eliminate poverty: PM
* We will announce the Congress PM candidate at an appropriate time: PM.
* Corruption charges against government relate to UPA-I and people of the country have not heeded to those charges and given us a second term: PM
* When history is written, we will come out unscathed: PM
* I have ruled myself out as a PM candidate if UPA comes back to power. Rahul Gandhi has outstanding credentials to be the PM candidate: PM
* I am confident that people will recognise the need for an alliance led by Congress for carrying out economic and social revolutions: PM.
* Price rise was a factor in people turning against Congress in the recent assembly polls: PM
* It was in fact I who insisted on transparency in coal block allocation: