The son of ousted Islamist President Mohamed Morsi has said he will sue all the state apparatuses for allegedly spying on his personal phone calls and selling the recordings to a journalist.
Osama Mohamed Morsi, a lawyer, wrote on his Facebook page that he would address international and Egyptian human rights organisations about this "farce".
"I will send them my letter under the title of 'Egypt without privacy'. I will also communicate with all politicians who were subjected to state spying and their phone calls broadcast on TV and will establish a front to defend people's rights of privacy," Osama said yesterday.
He said if the spying did not stop, he would disclose the "home secrets of the coup leaders" and threatened to sue all the state apparatuses for allegedly spying on his personal phone calls and selling the recordings to a journalist.
The phone calls, allegedly recorded after the Rabaa al-Adaweya dispersal in August 2013, by Osama were broadcast in a programme on Thursday and yesterday, The Cairo Post reported today.
The Egyptian state, however, has not commented on the accusations whose sources are still unknown.
A number of high-profile figures in Egypt have had their phone conversations leaked to mass media. In November 2013 an audio of former President Hosni Mubarak was released by Youm7 in which he talked about the January 25 Revolution and the Muslim Brotherhood.
Muslim Brotherhood leader Morsi, who won Egypt's first free presidential election in 2012, was ousted by the military in July last year following protests against his rule.
He is currently in prison over charges of killing peaceful protesters, espionage, escaping from prison during the January 25 Revolution in 2011 and insulting the jurisdiction.
Former army chief Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi, widely considered the chief orchestrator of Morsi's ouster and subsequent imprisonment, was declared the winner of a presidential poll in May this year.