- Students who skipped Class X board exams for CCE did better in Class 12AAP men spar with Arvind Kejriwal, question Lok Sabha tickets to Ashutosh, RajmohanUnder Election Commission of India watch, money spent on campaigns on social mediaArvind Kejriwal gets Sangh Parivar goat over Narendra Modi
After joining the Congress, Nandan Nilekani spoke about his objectives and prospects in this interview to Johnson T A:
1. On why he has joined the Congress:
I believe the Congress represents all people. It is unity in diversity. The Congress gave me the chance to do the Aadhaar card, which is my idea. My father was a Nehruvian who believed in that ideology. The Congress is going through a lot of change and I want to contribute to change.
2. On Nandan Nilekani first impression of politics since campaigning:
I have done business, urban governance, government. This is different. But I am very confident because I see a huge desire for change. People want a new person.
3. On what Nandan Nilekani sees going in his favour:
There is a mood for change: people want a new, capable person as leader. They want a leader with experience in areas other than politics. They want a local candidate. I am confident that I will be able to win these elections... I have met so many voters. People are looking for someone who will spend his life looking after Bangalores interests and not politicking.
4. On how Nandan Nilekani hopes to counter the corruption taint on the party:
Aadhaar is the worlds largest anti-corruption platform with 60 crore cards.
5. On what Nandan Nilekani intends to communicate to the people during his campaign:
There is a need for change, need for new people in politics, people with experience of doing things and running things. I have three big experiences. I have been the founder of Infosys, I worked there for 39 years and we created lakhs of jobs. I ran the Aadhar programme which gave India 60 crore Aadhaar cards. For five years I ran the Bangalore Agenda Task Force and got into the nitty-gritty of urban governance toilets, solid waste management, roads. I bring all these unique experiences. I am a clean candidate and will be contacting people ethically. I am also a local candidate. I am from Bangalore South and have lived here all my life.
6. On what Nandan Nilekani has done for Bangalore:
I have done my bit for Bangalore. I was part of the BATF and did a lot of the important reforms in the city.
7. On how, as a newcomer, Nandan Nilekani intends to generate support within the local Congress:
I am willing to work with everybody with national leaders of the Congress, the