- With Google Inc's Nexus7 tablet, Amazon's Kindle Fire HDX, Apple Inc's iPhone 5 under belt Japan Display eyes share listingWith Google Inc's Nexus 7 tablet, Amazon's Kindle Fire HDX, Apple Inc's iPhone 5 under belt Japan Display eyes share listingLaunch: Soundlogic partners with MTV, launches headphones, speakers for Rs 2,999+Amazon Kindle Paperwhite launched in India at Rs 10,999
The new Kindle Paperwhite will be available in India to consumers staring Tuesday. The Kindle Paperwhite will be available at amazon.in and at 250 retail outlets across India including Croma, Reliance Digital in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad and Pune.
The Wi-Fi enabled Kindle Paperwhite is priced at Rs. 10,999 and weighs 206 grams. The Wi-Fi + 3G version is priced at Rs. 13,999.
Kindle has been the best-selling e-reader in the world for the last six years, and the advanced versions packs better features, improving user experience.
Some of the new key features of the Amazon Kindle Paperwhite include:
* Vocabulary builder: Compiles words a user look up in the dictionary into an easy-to-access list
* Smart lookup: Itegrates a full dictionary and Wikipedia so a user can access definitions, characters, settings
* In-line footnotes: Read the complete text of each footnote in-line without changing the page or losing place in the book
* Cloud collections—Organise books in customised collections for easy reference, and Amazon’s Whispersync technology synchronises the collections across a user's Kindle devices and reading apps so they’re available on all devices.