fare hike for the moment.
* Dynamic fuel adjustment component to be introduced on freight rates from April one, that will result in less than five per cent increase in rates.
* An independent Rail Tariff Authority has been formalised.
* Deregulation of diesel prices and hike in electricity tariff to result in a burden of Rs 5,100 crore in 2013-14.
* 500-km new lines to be completed in 2013-14.
* Diesel price hike added Rs 3,300 crore to fuel bill of Railways.
* 5 per cent average increase in freight.
* Freight earning to grow by 9 per cent to Rs 93,554 crore.
* Freight target fixed at 1,047 MT for 2013-14, 40 MT over the current year.
* Railway hopes to end 2013-14 with a balance of Rs 12,506 crore.
* Operating ratio expected to improve to 87.8 per cent in 2013-14 from 88.8 per cent in the current fiscal.
* Railway revenues to show a balance of Rs 12,506 crore in 2013-14.
* Planned investment of Rs 63,363 crore for 2013-14, including Rs 600 crore from PPP route.
* Indian Railway Institute for Financial Management to be set up at Secunderabad to train rail officers on a regular basis.
* Rs 3,000 crore loan from Finance Ministry re-paid with interest by Railways this financial year.
* Railways to set up a Debt Service Fund.
* Railways' freight loading traffic scaled down by 100 million tonnes from 1025 million tonnes because of economic slowdown.
* 5.2 per cent growth in passenger traffic expected in 2013-14.
* Allocation of Rs 1,000 crore each made for railway land development authority and railway station development authority.
* Rs 9000 crore investments expected including Rs 3,800 crore in port connectivity and Rs 800 crore in iron ore mines connectivity.
* Railway Energy Management Company to be set up to harness solar and wind energy.
* 47,000 vacancies for weaker sections and physically challenged to be filled up soon.
* It is proposed to air-condition locomotives.
* Free wi-fi facility to be provided in select trains.
* Special A/C coaches 'Anubhuti', to be introduced in select Shatabdi and Rajdhani trains to give excellent ambience with commensurate fare.
* Railways will use Aadhar data base for bookings and validation of passengers.
* Internet booking to be provided from 0030 hours to 2330 hours.
* Internet booking to be strengthened with next-generation e-ticketing system to eliminate delays.
* Common rail-bus ticket to be introduced for Katra-Vaishnodevi pilgrims.
* New train Azadi Express to places linked with