* U.S. Treasury debt prices rose and benchmark yields dipped to the lowest level in a month on Monday as uncertainty over whether Italy would be able to form a stable government whetted investors' appetite for safe-haven U.S. Debt.
* Call money 7.85/7.90 pct (7.75/7.80 pct)
* India's finance minister had a bruising battle with cabinet colleagues in the run-up to the budget he unveils this week, rebuffing demands for pre-election spending and insisting on austerity to shore up investors' faith in a troubled economy.
* India's central bank will buy up to 100 billion rupees ($1.9 billion) of federal government bonds on March 1 through open market operation, it said in a release on Monday.
KEY FACTORS/EVENTS TO WATCH
* Indian government will unveil the railway budget for 2013/14 starting at 0630 GMT.
* The Reserve Bank of India's Deputy Governor K.C. Chakrabarty is scheduled to address an investors' conference at 0430 GMT.
* State-owned Rural Electrification Corp priced a 15 billion rupees ($278.5 million) seven-year deal at 8.87 percent. (IFR)
* London-listed Great Eastern Energy Corp is planning an Indian IPO of 8m shares totalling about 4 billion rupees ($74 million). (IFR)
* The RBI said on Monday it accepted all 38 bids for 1.28 billion rupees at its one-day repo auction, through which it injects cash into the banking system. It also accepted the sole bid 250 million rupees at its reverse repo auction, through which it absorbs cash from the system.
* Indian banks' refinancing with RBI falls to 165.37 billion rupees.
* Indian banks' cash balances with RBI fall to 2.76 trillion rupees.