- Rahul Gandhi hits out at government over price riseSecular friends missing at Iftar party, Sonia Gandhi finds comfort in Lalu Prasad, Sharad YadavRape women row: High Court orders filing of FIR against Tapas Pal, CID to probeCongress now targets Narendra Modi, compares bugging issue to Gujarat snoopgate
Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday moved the Delhi High Court against the summon orders issued by a local court against them in the National Herald case. The matter is likely to come up before the court on Friday.
Acting on a complaint filed by BJP leader Subramanian Swamy, metropolitan magistrate Gomati Manocha last month had summoned Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi, Senior Congress leader Motilal Vora and three others.
Swamy had accused Sonia and Rahul Gandhi and others of conspiring to cheat and misappropriate funds by just paying `50 lakh by which YI obtained the right to recover 90.25 crore which the AJL had owed to the Congress party.
He had alleged that in the present scenario over 2,000 crore worth of assets also got transferred to YI, whose 76 per cent of shareholding vests with Sonia and Rahul Gandhi and the remaining shareholding of 24%vests with the other accused. Complainant has established a prima facie case against the accused under section 403, 406 and 420 read with section 120B of the IPC.