any other tablet. It also includes Sony's One-Touch functions that let users transfer content seamlessly from HD tablet to TV, tablet to speaker or phone to tablet just by touching them together.
One-touch functions are a key component of Sony's device range this year and no other consumer electronics company is bringing as many NFC-enabled products to market. The tablet's Universal IR Remote allows users to control the TV and other Sony devices - as well as products from other manufacturers - directly from the tablet placing the device at the heart of the home. TV SideView is a new application that gives users an entirely new way to interact with the TV.
Sony's media applications- Sony's signature media applications - "WALKMAN", Movies and Album - allow users to enjoy, control and view content regardless of their device. The Sony Entertainment Network can also be accessed from these applications and includes Music Unlimited with more than 18 million songs and Facebook social integration as well as Video Unlimited with access to over 100,000 movies and TV series.
Xperia Tablet Z Accessories- Xperia Tablet Z will launch with a number of accessories including a charging cradle, an LCD Screen Protector and Leather Carrying Cover that comes in Black, White or Red. These will be available from Sony stores or registered retailers.
Xperia Tablet Z will launch on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and is upgradable to 4.2 after launch for the latest Android user experience.
Key features for Xperia Tablet Z-- 10.1" HD 1920x1200p WUXGA Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2.
- S-Force Front Surround 3D
- The world's slimmest design at 6.9 mm and lightest at 495g for 10.1" water resistant tablet
- Dust and water resistant (IP55 & IP57) with a durable glass front display
- Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with 1.5GHz asynchronous quad CPUs and 2GB RAM
- One-touch connectivity with Near Field Communication (NFC)
- A unique OmniBalance design with subtly rounded edges and smooth reflective surfaces
- 8 MP rear camera featuring "Exmor R for mobile" and Superior Auto plus 2MP HD front camera
- Battery STAMINA mode further improves the standby time.
Verified in 10" tablet class at time of announcement.
Verified in 10" tablet class with water resistance at the time of announcement.
In compliance with IP55 and IP57, Xperia Z is protected against the ingress of dust and is water resistant. Provided that all ports and covers are firmly closed, the phone is (i) protected against low pressure