* Tata Motors Ltd is the best performer among the BSE's top 30 stocks in 2012, helped by hopes for a turnaround in the performance of luxury unit Jaguar Land Rover.
* Ratan Tata today retired as the chairman of Tata sons with Cyrus Mistry as new Chairman of the group.
* Infosys Ltd earns the worst performer status among blue chips, given the persistent concerns about global demand for software services.
* Indian lenders were the top performers among sectors, with the banking sub-index up nearly 57 percent. Real estate and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) were the next best sectoral performers.
* The RBI has held interest rates steady after a 50 basis points rate cut in April, but eased the cash reserve ratio by 175 basis points in 2012, helping banks improve margins.
* The central bank is also expected to cut the repo rate more aggressively next year.
Stocks More on Tata Motors
Company INFO More on Tata Motors