US dollar, Indian rupee (USD/INR) likely to gain on overnight euro weakness, Asian stock losses.
The pair closed at 53.155/165 on Wednesday.
* Nifty futures in Singapore trading 0.18 percent lower, while MSCI's Asia-ex Japan index is 0.16 percent down.
* Most Asian currencies are trading with losses. For a snapshot, see.
* Dealers say oil bids and weak shares supporting pair despite substantial inflows.
* Provisional figures show foreign funds bought $213.79 million of equities on Wednesday, ahead of NTPC share sale.
* The floor price for state-run power utility NTPC Ltd's share sale, scheduled for Thursday, has been set at 145 rupees, or a 4.5 percent discount to its Wednesday's close, said the company, valuing the sale at about $2.14 billion.
* Advance GDP estimates for 2012/13 will be watched for possible future policy signals.