For those looking to take a luxurious spa getaway, TripAdvisor has released a list of 15 most popular spas located within hotels in India, as rated by travelers around the world.
The concept of spa for long has been associated with luxury not just in India but across the world. But over the years the spa industry has evolved considerably with consumers having access to a variety of therapies, ranging from the most affordable to the ultra luxurious. One can also choose from day spas, fusion spas to destination spas and hotel spas for a rejuvenating experience.
Rajasthan and Mumbai lead the top spa list with three hotel spas located in each city, followed by the city of Taj-Agra with two. Spas located in hotels of the Taj Group (Udaipur, Mumbai, Goa, Kochi and Jaipur) and the Oberoi Group (Udaipur, Mumbai, Mashobra and Agra) dominate the list with 9 properties from both the chains.
Most popular hotel spas in India
1. The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur
2. Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur
3. The Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra
4. The Leela Palace, New Delhi
5. The Oberoi, Mumbai
6. The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai
7. Taj Exotica Benaulim, Goa
8. Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas, Shimla
9. The Imperial Hotel, New Delhi
10. Orange County, Coorg
11. Sheraton, Bangalore
12. Vivanta by Taj - Malabar, Kochi
13. ITC Mughal, Agra
14. Trident, Mumbai
15. Taj Rambagh Palace, Jaipur